Lone Star Night Series
2021 LONE STAR NIGHT SERIES
PAGE UPDATED: November 20, 2021
★ Rounds 1+ 2 April 10 DOUBLE POINTS!
★ Rounds 3+4 June 5 DOUBLE POINTS!
★ Rounds 5+6 July 3 DOUBLE POINTS!
★ Round 7 September 4
★ Round 8 November 5 FRIDAY NIGHT RACING! + 30th Annual Texas Pro-Am Challenge
★ Round 9 December 4 FINAL ROUND! Overall Awards will be given out!
* Must race in 6 of 9 rounds to be eligible for night series OVERALL AWARDS. If you race more than 6 rounds, your best 7 of 9 will count
PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO THE RACES WITHOUT A PROPER MINOR RELEASE!!
If you will not be coming with your child to the races, please read the “Minor Release” section below to ensure you are correctly prepared before race weekend. Thank you for your attention in this important step.
Just getting started in motocross racing? Click HERE for helpful information!
We will offer Pit Bike & Stacyc classes during our NIGHT program! Scroll down for more details!
NO VALID RELEASE = NO RIDE! All riders under 18 years MUST have a parent present to sign a release. Or they may bring a NOTARIZED release signed by a parent.
AN UNACCOMPANIED MINOR WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO RACE UNLESS THEY HAVE A VALID CONSENT FORM. All minors attending this event without parents must come with a NOTARIZED statement from parents or legal guardian giving permission for another adult to act as guardian to sign releases.
This is not an AMA sanctioned race. No memberships of any kind are needed to race on this weekend. Just show up, sign up, practice, and race!
Racer Supporting Hotels:
Be sure to ask for your “Swan Racer’s Discount!”
★ Hampton Inn Lindale 903.882.1002
★ Age Effective Dates: Amateur classes: January 1, 2021 | Vet classes: Day of event.
★ Age Minimum: Must be 14 to practice or race on a 250cc motorcycle | Must be 16 to practice or race on a 251cc+ motorcycle. ** Be prepared to show proof of age if requested. **
★ Awards: Every event: 1st – 5th Place | Series Overall: 1st – 8th Place.
★ Purse: Open Pro pay 200% per moto (100% if 6 riders or less)
★ All classes are considered modified.
★ Series Tie Breaker: If a tie is recorded in the final point standings, the tie breaker will be the best finish in the last event that either or both riders attended in that series.
Beginner Class Riders
Added for Saturday night!
★ These pitbike classes will be offered during the Saturday NIGHT race! These $20 classes are just for fun and will not be scored. They are not championship classes. Riders must wear a DOT approved motorcycle helmet and goggles. Ankle supporting boots and additional safety gear is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
- Pitbike 12″ Open to riders of all ages! Max rear wheel size: 12” (CRF 150 and race bikes are excluded.)
- Pitbike 16″ Open to riders of all ages! Max rear wheel size: 16” (CRF 150 and race bikes are excluded.)
★ We will also offer three classes for the Stacyc stability cycles! These are just for fun and will not be scored. They are not championship classes.
- Stacyc (4 years & Under)
- Stacyc (5+ years)
- Brushless Stacyc (Open)
Championship Series Classes
Updated: April 10, 2021
50cc Air-Cooled/PW Class (4-8) This class includes the following bikes: Honda CRF50; Kawasaki KDX50; KTM Mini Adventure (2005-2007); KTM SX Mini (2008); Suzuki JR50; Yamaha PW50 and Yamaha TTR50 (Air-Cooled ONLY machines)
50 Beginner (4-8) 51cc 2S max or 90cc 4S max INCLUDES MINI-E BIKES Please read Beginner Class criteria listed above to make sure you qualify.
50 (4-6) 51cc 2S max or 90cc 4S max; 10″ wheel max (Junior bikes. No 59cc or 60cc engine kits.)
50 (7-8) 51cc 2S max or 90cc 4S max; 12″ wheel max (Senior bikes. No 59cc or 60cc engine kits.)
50 Open (4-8) 51cc 2S max or 90cc 4S max INCLUDES MINI-E BIKES
65-85 Beginner (7-11) 65cc-85cc 2S max or 110cc 4S max. No 150cc bikes. Please read all Beginner Class criteria listed above to make sure you qualify.
65 (7-9) 65cc 2S max or 110cc 4S max
65 (10-11) 65cc 2S max or 110cc 4S max
65 Open (7-11) 65cc 2S max or 110cc 4S max
NEW! 65-85cc Girls (7-13) 85cc 2S max or 150cc 4S SW max (No BW)
85 Beginner (12-15) 79-112cc 2S SW & BW or 75-150cc 4S SW & BW Please read all Beginner Class criteria listed above to make sure you qualify.
85 (9-11) 79-85cc 2S SW or 75-150cc 4S SW (No BW)
85 (9-13) 79-85cc 2S SW or 75-150cc 4S SW (No BW)
85 (12-15) 79-85cc 2S SW or 75-150cc 4S SW (No BW)
Supermini (9-16) 79-112cc 2S SW & BW or 75-150cc 4S SW & BW
Schoolboy 1 (12-17) 86-125cc 2S BW or 75-150cc 4S BW (No SW)
Schoolboy 2 (13-17) 100-150cc 2S BW or 126-250cc 4S BW (No SW)
125-650 Open Nov/Beg (C/D) 122cc+ 2S & 4S
Amateur Open (B,C,D) 122cc+ 2S & 4S (No Pro (A) riders)
Collegeboy Open Amateur (16-24) 122cc+ 2S & 4S (No Pro (A) riders)
Two-Stroke Amateur (12+) 122cc+ 2S (No 4-Stroke; No Pro (A) riders)
Women (12+) 99-250cc 2S & 4S (No 450F)
Open Beginner 122-450cc 2S & 4S Please read all Beginner Class criteria listed above to make sure you qualify.
250 Nov (C) 122-250cc 2S & 4S (No 450F)
250 Int (B) 122-250cc 2S & 4S (No 450F)
450 Nov (C) 122cc+ 2S & 4S
450 Int (B) 122cc+ 2S & 4S
Open Pro (A) 122cc+ 2S & 4S; 200% payback (100% if 6 riders or less)
25+ Open (A,B,C,D) 122cc+ 2S & 4S
30+ Adv (A,B) 122cc+ 2S & 4S
30+ Amt (C,D) 122cc+ 2S & 4S
40+ Adv (A,B) 122cc+ 2S & 4S
40+ Amt (C,D) 122cc+ 2S & 4S
50+ Adv (A,B) 122cc+ 2S & 4S
50+ Amt (C,D) 122cc+ 2S & 4S
55+ Open 122cc+ 2S & 4S
Notes: 2S= 2-stroke 4S= 4-stroke SW= Small Wheel BW= Big Wheel
★ Water is available for washing bikes; bring your own power washer.
★ Friendly dogs are allowed, but must be kept on a leash at all times, even in your pit area.
★ PARENTS, PLEASE help us! Pit riding is allowed, BUT must be kept in 1st gear, and no riding in the grass.
★ Permitted pit vehicles include: Pit bikes, Golf carts, Side x Sides, Scooters & bicycles with helmets.
All riders under 21 MUST wear a helmet when riding through the pits.
★ All permitted pit vehicles must be parked for the night by 10 PM.
★ Race day radio broadcast: 96.9FM.
Protests: All protests concerning rider eligibility must be submitted BEFORE Round 4 (June 4, 2021). Protests concerning bike eligibility or any other racing issues must be submitted the day of the event, before awards are given out! This applies to all classes, not just beginner classes.
1. Riders MUST be signed-up and have the correct practice sticker on their helmet before they get on the track.
2. If a rider experiences a mechanical breakdown or other problem that prevents them from riding the machine that they used in the first moto, they ARE PERMITTED to CHANGE to another machine provided they follow the guidelines below:
……….a. The machine must be legal for the class.
……….b. They must notify the registration tower immediately of the bike change and of any number change.
3. Emergency and track staff are the ONLY persons allowed within the track boundaries while a race or practice is in progress. THIS IS A SAFETY ISSUE AND WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED!! *50cc class parents are the ONLY EXCEPTION!
4. No Big Wheel bikes allowed in the following 85cc age classes:
5. YELLOW Flag = NO PASSING and NO JUMPING (wheels on the ground). THIS IS A SAFETY ISSUE & WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED!! (There is no red cross flag, so pay attention to the YELLOW FLAG!) *Minimal penalty of docked positions
6. FIGHTING – Riders involved in fighting will be DISQUALIFIED for the event
7. NO PIT RACING – Speed limit of 1st gear while on the pit roads/grounds. No riding in the grass!
8. PRACTICE – Riding with the wrong practice group is grounds for disqualification.
9. CHECK YOUR RESULTS. The protest period is 20 minutes after results have been posted.
10. Rider MUST Cross The Finish Line UNASSISTED to be scored. If a rider experiences a mechanical breakdown or other problem that prevents them from riding their machine, a rider is allowed to push across the finish line in full view of the scorers through the checkered flag to be scored. It is the RIDER’S RESPONSIBILITY to notify the staff at the registration tower within the 30-minute protest period of the “push beside the finish” to be sure they were scored correctly.
*Penalties for any infractions will be administered at the discretion of Swan MX Raceway Park.
★ Age Effective: January 1, 2021
★ No membership of any kind is required to participate in this series.
★ All classes are considered modified unless specified.
★ Amateur Awards: 1st – 5th at each event (No trophies to Pros).
★ Overall Series Awards: 1st – 8th at Series Finale in November.
★ Rider must compete in a minimum of 6 events to be eligible for an Overall Night Series Award.
★ Best 6 of 9 events count for series points.
★ If you race more than 6 rounds, your best 7 of 9 will count.
★ All 6 or 7 events must be in the SAME class. If you change classes mid-season, your points will NOT transfer.
★ Rider MUST attend last round to receive Overall Series Award.
★ Pro Payback: Open Pro 200% per moto (100% if under 7 riders).
★ 2 Moto Format
★ Points Paid Overall using Point Scale: 1st=25 points, 2nd=22, 3rd=20, 4th=18, 5th=16, and minus one point scale from 6th place through 20th.
★ At the Series Finale in November, you may pick up your award soon after you have raced your 2nd moto.
★ To be able to pick up your Lone Star Night Series overall series award, you must show a valid photo ID. (Children must have a parent with a valid photo ID present to claim their prizes.)